Week 8: Get Visual - Let a Picture Tell a Story

When it comes to social media and being visual with my hypothetical floral business, I think most social media platforms would help me "tell a story" with my business.

I think the platforms that would work best for showcasing floral arrangements, designs and products would be Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube. Facebook and Instagram seem to be the most popular visual platforms that nearly everyone has access to. I think they naturally lend themselves to being a visual medium, especially Instagram since the platform is essentially the Facebook of picture posting. Pinterest would probably be a good idea as well, though I'm not as familiar with how the platform works compared to others. As for YouTube, I think it could be beneficial if I decided to teach a tutorial on how to create something, but I think that would probably have better engagement on Facebook or even Instagram, since again, those seem to be more popular for pictures and stories versus videos.

I don't think I would feature much on Twitter or Snapchat. I'm not ruling out Twitter, but I think it's more or less a space for businesses to stay up to date with the current trends, news, etc. I don't think it would hurt by having one for my "Tilted Tulips" business, but I think I would have to weigh how many clicks or retweets my content was getting in order to stay consistent with it.  As for Snapchat, I wouldn't use simply because I don't have it and I don't think I could be persuaded to feature my content on it. I personally just find the app to be a waste of time.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2A: Overview of Social Media

Week 3A: Communication Between Business & Customer

Week1A: My Template Choice