Week1A: My Template Choice

Hello Friends,

First, I'd like to start by saying welcome to my new blog! I've never had a blog to share my ideas or thoughts but I look forward to learning more about how blogging works and its benefits!

I suppose I should start with how I came to choose my title. My last name, McMackin, has always been a little different and most people remember it because it's unusual and also sounds kind of funny. I wanted to keep it simple and since this is a social media course, I figured "McMackin Media" would work. Also, I'm a big fan of alliteration!

When it came to choosing a template, I wanted something simple but inviting. I think color scheme and text have a lot to do with that. For example, I chose a contemporary layout that included images of birds of paradise and had, what I think to be, warm colors. If anyone is going to read a blog, I think it should be a space that's easy to navigate for the reader but also conveys a sense of welcoming. I'm less inclined to read a blog that has dark colors, bold text and a template that maybe appears to be difficult to figure out.

The template should also be reflective of the subject matter within the blog. Because this is sort of a "practice" blog and the subject is social media, I think the template I chose is appropriate. That being said, I'm not an expert on these things but I think that's the point of this class, is to become better at utilizing and understanding how various platforms work in order to benefit us in the workplace and beyond!


Comments

  1. Hi Kalyn! I think your choice of template is great because it reminds people of vacations and interesting places, yet the colors are warm and draw people to the content of your blog. I am in the same boat as you, and have never had a blog, either. I think your use of alliteration is a great marketing idea and will definitely help folks remember your blog and points you make. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate to the last name, my maiden name is Mansikka. Anyways, McMackin Media is a very good choice for the title. Honestly I think it would make a great business name too. The sounds is flows and the letters work well together aesthetically.
    The layout, colors and graphic have a nice calm feeling to them and you had good reasons for the choices you made. Very appropriate indeed.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2A: Overview of Social Media

Week 3A: Communication Between Business & Customer