Week 6: Setting Up Facebook Business Page/Defining Post Reach & Engagement

For this assignment, I chose to create a fictional business called "The Titled Tulip."
I've always enjoyed creating floral arrangements so I thought this would be a fun business to try out. 

As for the difference between Post Reach and Post Engagement, it's pretty simple. Post reach is simply how many people you're Facebook post has reached. It doesn't matter if it's through paid advertising or if it happens organically, on someone's timeline. 
Post Engagement is a measurement of how many people interacted with whatever you posted. If it was a video, how many people clicked and watched? If it was a photo, how many people "liked" it. 

Knowing the difference between the two is important because they measure different things and depending on what your business offers, the difference could be important. Post Reach is a great tool to see how many timelines your business is popping up on, but truthfully, the more important tool is the Engagement. Businesses aren't successful unless they have interested consumers so it's important customers engage with your Facebook posts. 

Businesses can use the Facebook Insights tools for a variety of different consumer measurements. In order to better understand their customers, these tools help business owners get a feel for what customers want to see versus what you think they want to see. For example, if I posted a picture of a simple flower bouquet that I created for a wedding and shared it to Facebook, I'd be expecting to get a few likes maybe. But, if I posted a video of how I came to create that flower bouquet, I'd expect customer engagement because I think in my fictional business, creating videos/tutorials on flower arrangement design would be more beneficial. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 2A: Overview of Social Media

Week 3A: Communication Between Business & Customer

Week1A: My Template Choice